A “ZEN case” is a limited issue within a development project owned by one of the partners in ZEN. The ZEN case will help to raise competence and answer one or more of the identified main challenges in ZEN. Furthermore, the project will be developed in accordance with ZEN objectives and quality criteria. The cases can be used to gather knowledge in the Centre from the partners, preferably in areas where the partners already have activity.
Ongoing ZEN cases:
- +Cityxchange Sluppen – utilization of waste heat from cooling facilities and server park at Sluppen – local utilization as contribution to Positive Energy Block Sluppen and scaling to neighbourhoods. Trondeim municipality, Multiconsult.
- Utilization of waste heat sources and reduction of flow temperature in existing district heating grids. Stakraft Varme AS, Norsk Fjernvarme, Trondheim municipality, Bodø municipality, Bodø Energy (Gardermoen)
- GHG emissions from technical equipment and installations – analysis and optimalization. Statsbygg, Asplan Viak, GK, Civitas, Futurebuilt
- The significance of market preferences when developing and promoting Zero Emission Neighbourhoods. Elverum Tomteselskap, Elverum municipality, ByBo, Bodø municipality
- Futurebuilt ZERO and the ZEN definition. Futurebuilt, Asplan Viak, Civitas.
- The significance of sharing in Zero Emission Neighbourhoods. Elverum Vekst, Asplan Viak, SWECO, ByBo, Futurebuilt, TOBB
- City logistics in Zero Emission Neighbourhood NTNU Campus. Statsbygg
- Securing compatibility between a climate norm for Sluppen and the ZEN-definition. Trondheim Municipality.
- Reusing materials from existing buildings & identifying precise information needs related to key reusable building materials in todays market. Bærum municipality, Futurebuilt, Statsbygg, building material producers
- Flexibility in office buildings. NVE, GK.
- Densification with building externsions in wood. Moelven FPT, Gottlieb Paludan
- Mobility concept Zero Village Bergen and Montana. ByBo AS, SWECO
Finished ZEN cases:
- Opportunities for establishing finite GHG emission allowances for material use in buildings . Civitas, Asplan Viak, Futurebuilt, Skanska.
- User experiences with external mechanical sun protection versus glass integrated sun protection (electrochrome and thermochrome glass). Trøndelag county, Skanska
- Spatial qualities for cities. Bærum municipality.
- Strategies and business models to support the transition to low-carbon concrete . Norcem.
- ZEN and the law – limitations and opportunities in legislation when developing a ZEN area . Elverum municipality.
- ZEN case – Energy system Risvollan . NTE, Statkraft Varme
- Development of definition and standards for smart buildings. Skanska, Asplan Viak, Snøhetta.
- LCA of buildings – Usage of different materials (final report pending). Norcem, Moelven.